I spent nearly 90 minutes today visiting a bank branch for address change for myself and my family.
Cumulative wastage in the process is given below:
– I lost 45 minutes traveling and 45 minutes in filling multiple forms & submitting (I am slow!!!). I signed 6 times…
– Branch officer wasted nearly 8 minutes handling my case and signed 6 times (3 on the forms and 3 on my receipts)
– 3 large address change forms were wasted
– 3 separate copies were taken of my PAN card (for self and for my daughter’s minor account)
What will happen next?
– Address change forms would be bundled and couriered to a regional centre in the city
– These forms will then travel to Processing Centre in Another city.
– After opening the envelopes, the forms would be distributed for data entry
– Data entry would be done followed by checking by couple of senior folks
Expected time: 7 days
Expected result: 95% accurate and 5% inaccurate (in which case I have to travel back to their branch)
BTW I have to change address in multiple banks / Utilities. This would mean nearly 10 times more wastage…
Simpler solutions exist to reduce the customer friction.
We need Digital Transformation – Simple Nimble Real… Frugal Too!!!