Like coworking offices, there is a potential business model for coworking bank branches. These coworking branches would have a large working space with individual desks for each bank.
This would be very similar to how airlines work in the airports. Common facilities like security would be provided by a third party for entire office.
1) Branches can focus on sales instead of spending time on overheads like security, which would be handled by third parties (like coworking space owner).
2) Lower cost of operations like rent, maintenance…
3) Lower time and capital expenditure to open the branches.
4) No need for bank specific ATMs to be set by each bank
– What are your thoughts?
– What are the challenges that this model would face?
– Would banks be ready to accept this model?